Riot is a simple and elegant collaboration environment that gathers all of your different conversations and app integrations into one single app.
Built around group chatrooms, Riot lets you share messages, images, videos and files - interact with your tools and access all your different communities under one roof. One single identity and place for all your teams: no need to switch accounts, work and chat with people from different organisations in public or private rooms: from professional projects to school trips, Riot will become the center of all your discussions!
Now with end-to-end encryption!
• Instantly share messages, images, videos and files of any kind within groups of any size
• Voice and video 1-1 and conference calling via WebRTC
• End-to-end encryption using Olm (https://matrix.org/git/olm)
• See who's reading your messages with read receipts
• Communicate with users anywhere in the Matrix.org ecosystem - not just Riot users!
• Discover and invite users by email address
• Participate in guest-accessible public rooms
• Highly scalable - supports hundreds of rooms and thousands of users
• Fully synchronised message history across multiple devices and browsers
• Finely configurable notification settings, synchronised over all devices
• Infinite searchable chat history
• Permalinks to messages
• Full message search
• Excellent support for all Android device sizes and orientations
• Riot is a Matrix client - built on the Matrix.org open standard and ecosystem, providing interoperability with all other Matrix compatible apps, servers and integrations
• Entirely open sourced under the permissive Apache License - get the code from https://github.com/vector-im/vector-android. Pull requests welcome!
• Trivially extensible via the open Matrix Client-Server API (https://matrix.org/docs/spec)
• Run your own server! You can use the default matrix.org server or run your own Matrix home server (e.g. https://matrix.org/docs/projects/server/synapse.html)
• Add your own integrations, bridges and bots!
• Email notifications of missed messages and invites
• Screen sharing
• Login as multiple users at the same time
Discover truly efficient and open collaboration with Riot!
Author: Vector Creations Limited
Market link: im.vector.alpha
Web site: https://riot.im
Market downloads: 10,000-50,000
Market rating: 4.6 / 5.0