DAAP is a proprietary protocol similar to HTTP developed by Apple for use with iTunes music sharing. Still used by modern versions of iTunes, the computer community has reverse engineered an older version of this protocol for streaming their own music. This application provides this functionality on an Android device.
DAAP Media Player is an open source application. Bugs and feature requests may be made at the official project page (http://code.google.com/p/daap-client/).
* Stream music without downloading the whole song!
* Search and voice search songs
* Handle multiple servers
* Random/Shuffle and Repeat
* Playlist and Queue support
* Home screen shortcut
1. Long press home screen
2. Click Shortcuts
3. Click DAAP - Add Server
4. Enter server information
* Last.fm scrobbler support
- If you have a scrobbler app installed on your phone you can scrobble (disabled by default). Tested scrobblers: Simple Last.fm Scrobbler, and Scrobble Droid.
* Last.fm artist information
* Handle intents of the form daap://server:port#password
INTERNET - to connect to DAAP servers
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to save songs to SD card
READ_PHONE_STATE - to pause on incoming phone call
CHANGE_WIFI_MULTICAST_STATE - to listen for local servers
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE - to know whether to listen on local servers or not.
* Fixed Issue 52 with headphones. Thanks Rano.
* Added Norwegian & Russian translations
* Support for Google TV/Logitech Revue (Thanks Mike Z!)
* Looking for translators. If you can help send us an e-mail.
Other recent fixes
* Obtain artist info when playing a song
- Will add artist image soon!
* Updated some images/icons
* Fixed issue with newer forked-daapd servers (caused by android bug).
* Added edit Connection menu option. Thanks William Seemann!
Content rating: Everyone
Author: Miceli Bros.
Market link: org.mult.daap
Web site: http://code.google.com/p/daap-client/
Market downloads: 50,000-250,000
Market rating: 4.0 / 5.0
Category: Top:/Applications/Media & Video