GeoKrety (gr. geo = ‘earth’, krety pol. = ‘moles’) is a service similar to TravelBug(TM) or GeoLutins, aiming at tracking objects you leave in geocache containers. People move these registered objects (called GeoKrety) from cache to cache and register each move with this service. The trip of each GeoKret is then presented on a map.
More about GeoKrety:
This program is used to record the movement of GeoKrety.
After installing the program on your smartphone, you have to configure access to your account:
1. Click the button "Accounts" in the main screen.
2. Click the button "Add account".
3. Select the portal geokrety.org.
4. On the screen, appears form which you fill in your login and password.
5. After clickong "OK", the program loggs in, downloads your 128-byte SecID memory and saves it.
6. If you want, select opencaching portals as well (fill in only your login).
7. At the end, click "OK".
Now, the application is ready to log GeoKrety.
How to log GeoKret's movement:
1. Click the button "Log GeoKret" on the main screen.
2. Select the type of the log. Make sure that in the "Identify GeoKret" is your login.
3. If you had met or grabbed the GeoKret, fill in it's tracking code. If you drop the GeoKret, you can click "Inventory" and choose Tracking Code from the list of GeoKrets in your inventory.
4. If you had dropped or met GeoKret, you have to fill in the Waypoint. If you had logged to the cache before, click the button "OC Log" and select waypoint from the list (the date and time will be pasted too).
5. Set date and time, enter some comments and click "Go!".
If the logging succeed, the program comes back to the main screen with the comment: "GeoKret logged finish".
It's a beta version of the program, so please forbearance. It' published in GooglePlay right now to facilitate testing it. The program is free without adds. The source is available at program's homepage.
All comments and suggestions should be reported in the forum thread OpenCaching:
http://forum.opencaching.pl/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7789 (Polish language)
http://forum.opencaching-network.org/index.php?topic=3661 (German/English language)
http://forum.opencaching.us/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1372 (English language)
- log GeoKret's on coordinates from GPS (v0.3.x),
- log GeoKret's on home coordinates (v0.4.x),
- third party QR Code scanner integration (v0.4.x),
- Opencaching QuickFind integration (v0.5.x),
- log GeoKret's offline (v0.5.x)
- inventory and opencaching latest logs synchronization in background (v0.6.x),
- download latest logs from geocaching.com (v0.7.x),
- preferences screen (v0.8.0),
- log batches (v0.9.0),
- redesign to Android UI Patterns (v1.0)
Author: Micha? Nied?wiecki
Version: 0.9.0 beta
Market link: pl.nkg.geokrety
Web site: http://geokretylog.sourceforge.net/
Market downloads: 1,000-5,000
Market rating: 4.2 / 5.0