The Pretty Good Music Player is an open source (GPL) folder-based music player with no frills. It's small, it's responsive, and it plays music.
- Audiobook mode for resuming playback where you left off
- Notification controls
- The color theme and text size are now configurable!
- This player protects against accidental pausing when your phone is jostled and the headphone cord shifts. I added this because it was annoying when my phone was in my pocket and would auto-pause because the headphone cable was bumped.
- Plays .mp3, .m4p, .m4a, .aac, and many more types of audio files.
- Accepts play, pause, previous, and next commands from Bluetooth headsets.
- When you select 'All songs' for a given artist, the songs are ordered by album, not alphabetically.
- Automatically pauses and resumes when another app (e.g. GPS) needs audio.
- If another app needs audio for more than 30 seconds (e.g. a phone call), it does not automatically resume.
- "Repeat All" is always on.
- If you click "back" too quickly, it double checks that you want to leave before quitting.
Expected Folder Layout:
It's designed to work with artist folders copied from iTunes. That means it expects directory structure:
/01 - First Song.mp3
/02 - Second Song.mp3
/03 - Third Song.mp3
/04 - Fourth Song.mp3
/01 - Another Song.mp3
I've noticed that if I pause a song for an extended period of time, I need to press and hold the 'pause' button on my Bluetooth headset to get it to resume playing.
The full source code is available here: https://github.com/smithdtyler/prettygoodmusicplayer
The Pretty Good Music Player also has a Facebook page where I post information about coming releases and issues and enhancements:
The awesome icon was designed by Emily Krueger of Vine Creative: http://www.vinecreativemn.com/
If you have any problems, please leave a comment with as much information as possible and I'll try to get a fix out ASAP.
Bluetooth control tested with an LG Electronics Tone+ HBS-730 Bluetooth Headset
Pretty Good Music Player
Copyright Tyler Smith 2014
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
See http://www.gnu.org/licenses/ for a full copy of the GNU General Public License.
I post on Reddit as https://www.reddit.com/user/MythsBusted
Author: TD Smith Software
Market link: com.smithdtyler.prettygoodmusicplayer
Web site: https://github.com/smithdtyler/prettygoodmusicplayer
Market downloads: 1,000-5,000
Market rating: 4.1 / 5.0
Category: Top:/Applications/Music & Audio